I’ve been working on that “101” list. This isn’t as easy as I thought!
I’ve been putting a lot of thought into it. And I’ve figured out the goal date (seeing I’m forcing myself to start next Monday, which will be Monday, April 23, 2012). And, I’ve got 68 things so far.
I’ve decided to publish part one of my list I’m anxious … excited to do this! I’ve done a lot of ground work … started doing some investigating, giving myself starting points. So, the following is the first part of this list, along with steps I’m already making (although I’m “officially” beginning Monday!) And they’re in random order, so I’ll probably do more “organization” as I get going …
My 101 in 1001 (from Monday, April 23, 2012 – January 5, 2015)
1. Finish the book I’m writing
2. Let my “writing friend” read it; gather feedback from the friend who is already looking at the first draft of what I have.
3. Compete a “Couch-to-5-k” program. (already talked to Bruce about joining me …
we begin officially Monday I started Tuesday 4/24/12!)
4. Run a 5K! (We’re shooting for the “Santa Shuffle” in December here in Lapeer!)
5. Lose 10 lbs.
6. Lose 10 more lbs.
7. Lose 10 more lbs.
8. Lose 10 more lbs.
9. Lose 10 more lbs.
10. Lose 10 more lbs. to obtain 60 lb. goal
11. Catch up scrap-booking — either physical books, on-line collages (on picassa) or throw insignificant photos away!
12. Graduate child #3 (Ethan) from home school (May -2014)
13. Train trip to Seattle with Aubree (scheduled this June/July)
14. Help with a family wedding …
15. Another camping trip with family for Dad
16. Move Dad into our house
17. Visit the rest of the US States: Maine, New Hampshire; Connecticut; Rhode Island; Alaska; Hawaii
18. Make home made flavored crackers
19. Teach girls (and boys, if they want) how to can tomatoes
20. Learn how to operate zero-turn lawn mower
21. Re-learn how to hit a softball (honestly, I can’t hit anything anymore!)
22. Read through entire “Common Prayer” book
23. Get at least 2 more tattoos (I already know what I want …)
24. Travel across Canada by Amtrak
25. Take a basic drawing class @ Mott
26. Publish “at least” one article/story/etc.for $$$
27. Publish “at least” one photo for $$$
28. Learn to make home made mozerella
29. Clean and organize basement storage room (got a head start on this one … almost done!)
30. Write a letter and mail it once a week, every week
31. Make home made bread at least 1x a week, every week (I tried some “simple” break tonight — good taste, rough texture. But it’s my first attempt at “artisan” bread)
32. Out West trip for Ethan’s Sr. year
33. Visit New Orleans
34. Take Aubree (and whomever else in family can attend) to Harry Potter World
35. Learn to French Braid
36. Make a ring
37. Make “from scratch” pasta on a regular basis
38. Design and build wind chimes “cool” enough to be give as gifts
39. Build outdoor bread/pizza oven
40. Grow and maintain a successful herb garden
41. Read at least one book a month and write a review for Helium, blog, or other source
42. Make home made vanilla extract (switch to using it all the time)
43. Make home made caramel sauce (switch to using all the time)
44. Make home made condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, etc.) and switch to using all the time
45. Learn to knit socks (from my friend, Melanie!)
46. Get another motorcycle (we are already looking …)
47. Make home made body butter and lotion
48. Learn to play “Blackbird” and “She talks to angels” on the guitar
49. Sell some old Victrola records we don’t listen to for extra $$$
50. Make MI History book (and others I have from Grandpa) to Lansing book shop with Dad for appraisal.
51. Get Grandpa’s coins appraised in Lapeer
52. Learn to make skirts for girls
53. Make all pajama pants for Christmas from here on out
54. Make Christmas ornaments for kids and others from now on
55. Try at least 1 new thing from pinterest and blog about it each week (I’m tired of just collecting stuff; I want to DO some of the cool stuff I see)
56. Refinish dresser
57. Micro-roast coffee at least once
58. Vacation with friends
59. Visit my friends up North at least twice a year
60. Write Dad’s book
61. Make home made butter all the time
62. Visit/tour Memphis TN
63. Visit/tour Austin TX
64. Meet Anthony Bourdain
65. Convert old picture CDs to computer to storage hard drive
66. Finish cleaning out/organizing Kara’s room
67. Finish cleaning out/organizing Wesley’s room
68. Covert family videos to CD & store on long-term storage
That’s what I’ve got so far. I know, nothing earth-shaking (except maybe meeting Anthony Bordain). I tried to go with “do-able”, and some more that are “stretching,” … I didn’t go with “virtually impossible” (OK, again, maybe Bordain is improbably, but a girl can hope) … and I still have room for more! I will have this done before Monday.
What do you think? Have you thought about doing your own list? It’s fun … to dream, to plan, to set goals!